My latest adventure down the west coast is now over. Posts are listed by date on the right. In a departure from previous years, I am not asking for donations. Instead, I will be making a sizable donation on behalf of my father-in-law, father, and all the wonderful people who have supported me over the years.

My rides will continue to make a difference in the lives of families fighting lung disease and to increase awareness about the importance of lung health. Follow along … Together; we are improving life, one breath at a time.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Natchez Trace - Epilogue and Thanks

An 11 hour drive home from Nashville gave me time to ponder the wonderful week on the Natchez Trace.  The road was great ... very little traffic, a wonderful surface, and lots to see.  The food was great ... no buffets, a delicious steak, and two glorious meals at Elandale's in Nashville.  The miles were invigorating ... 425 miles with just enough hills to make it interesting.  But ... the best part was the people!  Spending time with my friends and fellow ABB North 2010 riders will fill my memory book.

Thanks to Jeff and Joe for putting it all together.  A special thanks to their wives, Aila and Karen for the awesome SAG support. A glass held high to my fellow riders ... Alex, Helen, Steve, Ellen, Rod, Leo, Howard and Shirley.  I hope we can make it a yearly tradition.  A huge thanks to my wife and daughter for letting me disappear again to do what I love.

My American Lung Association donors came out in force again this year.  Their generosity will help make a big difference in the lives of families fighting lung disease.  A heart felt thanks to them all:


Lancesoft, Inc. Vadlamani, Srinivas
Demsional Concepts, LLC Zdunski, Jack
Northrop Grumman Shaw, Howie
Letke, Loretta Calabrese, Gary
Ausnit-Hood, Christine Campbell, Steve
Kohlmeyer, Kathleen Chudnovsky, Gary
Moore, Peter Ciralsky, Linda
Rossi, Anne Crawford, Bruce
Vembar, Gopal David, Susan
West, Cheryl Ferguson, Keith
Sullaway, Bob & Gail Franklin, Alison
Almamun, Shamim Gotthardt, Ernest & Chao
Biersack, Kevin Herrington, Marilyn
Clark, Chris & Joan Hersey, Ann & Thomas
Douglas, Jeffrey Kitchelt, Maureen
Eberhard, Barabara Locke, Karen
Eckman, Mike Lucas, Jason
Engelman, Ray Manambedu, Lakshmi
Fishman, Carol Menjivar, Allison
Hewitt, Mike & Michelle Radams, Yuri
Hwang, Amy & Hong Sannie-Ariyibi, Alberta
Johnson, Judy Waters, Andrew
Jones, Rosalie Wehr, Craig
Kuriseti, Ravichandra  Holman, Gary & Marcia
Shetty, Girish Corey, Russ

Some of the images from last week ... thanks to my fellow riders for taking these ...




































Good night moon ... good night memories ... good night friends ... good night donors ... onto Maine for the Trek Across Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment